HERE ARE A FEW OF MY FAV PLANT BASED + VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE RECIPES FROM PINTEREST!
I TRY TO BUY EVERYTHING ORGANIC OR LOCAL FOR ALL MY INGREDIENTS!
VEGAN SUMMER ROLLS W/ ALMOND BUTTER DIPPING SAUCE
PREP TIME: 45 MINUTES
FOR THE ROLLS:
- 8-10 ROUND RICE PAPER WRAPS
- 1 AVOCADO SLICED
- 2 BELL PEPPERS (YOUR PREFERENCE, I LIKE USING RED & YELLOW)
- 1 CUCUMBER (THINLY SLICED)
- 2 CARROTS (SHREDDED WITH GRATER)
- 1/2 LARGE RED ONION (THINLY SLICED)
- 1/2 RED CABBAGE (THINLY SLICED)
- 1/2 CUP ALFALFA SPROUTS
- 1 LETTUCE HEAD (RIPPED INTO SMALLER PIECES)
- 1 CUP FRESH MINT LEAVES
ALMOND BUTTER DIPPING SAUCE:
- 2 1/2 TBSP COCONUT OIL MELTED
- 1/4 CUP CREAMY ALMOND BUTTER
- 1 1/2 TBSP FRESH LIME JUICE
- 1 TSP LIGHT AGAVE
- 3/4 TSP FRESH GINGER MINCED
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES MINCED
- 1 TSP RICE VINEGAR
- DASH OF SALT
Make the dipping sauce by whisking the almond butter (do not melt the almond butter), lime juice, agave, ginger and rice vinegar into the melted coconut oil until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and set aside.
Cut and slice all of your veggies and set them aside (don't mix them together, keep them separate so when you make your rolls you can put a little bit of everything into each roll).
NOTE: Before beginning to roll, make sure you have all your veggies prepped and ready to layer, as you have to work quickly.
Fill a shallow plate, that has sides, with water.
Submerge one rice paper round into the water and hold it down until pliable and soft, about 30-45 seconds. Gently lay it down flat onto your plate.
Place one lettuce leaf into the center of the round, leaving a good inch of space around the edges, so you can roll the wrapper later.
Next, add in an even amount of everything you cut up. I like to start with the avocado, then so on and the last ingredients I put on top would be sprouts and mint leaves.
Roll the wraps by folding the bottom of the wrapper over the filling. Then, hold the whole thing firmly in place, and fold in the sides. Then, hold all the folds in place and roll the whole thing horizontally, from bottom of top.
Repeat until all 8 rolls are done.
Serve with dipping sauce and ENJOY!
VEGAN COCONUT CHICKPEA CURRY
SERVing: 4-5 people
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 mediums yellow onions/1 large red onion, sliced
- 14 ounces/400g fresh tomatoes, diced (if using canned, drain the tomatoes)
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces/454g can chickpeas, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 13.5 ounces/383g can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 small lime
- In a deep pot over medium high heat, add the coconut oil.
- Add in the onions and tomatoes. Grind some sea salt and ground black pepper over the mixture and stir together. Lower heat to medium and allow to cook down until juices of the tomatoes are naturally released and onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, garlic, garam masala, curry powder and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Add in the coconut milk and stir again. Add in the coconut flour which helps to slightly thicken the curry. Bring the curry to a boil, and then reduce to medium-low so that the mixture continues to simmer for 10 to 12 more minutes.
- Taste the curry and season with salt and pepper if you desire. Remove the curry from the heat and squeeze a lime lightly over the top of the curry, stirring to combine. Don't skip this step!! Allow to cool slightly and then serve. EnjoY!
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 LARGE white onions, chopped
- 3 CLOVES GARLIC, DICED
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 STICKS OF CELERY, CHOPPED
- 1/2 CUP OF FRESH CILANTRO (FOR TOPPING)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tSP ground cumin
- 2 TbsP chili powder
- 1 TSP TUMERIC POWDER
- 1 TSP PAPRIKA
- 3 TBSP BREWERS YEAST (NUTRITIONAL YEAST)
- 1 CAN OF BLACK BEANS
- 1 CAN OF GARBANZO BEANS
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- sauté onions AND GARLIC in olive oil until tender
- add spices and cook additional 1 - 2 minutes
- add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute
- add remaining ingredients and heat, covered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30 min. (add 1/4 cup of water at a time if needed, it should be thick but not too soupy)
- ADD BREWERS YEAST AND STIR IN.
- GARNISH WITH FRESHLY CHOPPED CILANTRO!