CHIA PUDDING BOWL
one of my favs, easy go-to breakfast meal/snack. fills you up and is healthy and delicious!
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice
- Fresh Fruits, for topping (I USED blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, mango)
- Gluten Free, Vegan Granola
- Coconut Flakes
- In a mason jar or bowl with a lid, mix chia seeds, milk and maple syrup together. If you like things a little sweeter, I would add a 1/2 tablespoon more of your sweetener to your mix, stir then shake to combine everything.
- Once the chia pudding mix is combined, let it sit for at least 5 minutes, then stir and shake it again to break up the clumps of chia seeds, then PUT THE LID ON and LEAVE IT IN THE fridge for 1-2 hours (the chia seeds need time to absorb the milk to create that pudding like texture). I always like to prep my chia seed pudding the night before and let it sit in the fridge all night, then I can have it for breakfast the next morning.
- Once your chia pudding is ready, you can add your toppings. I like to top mine with gluten free VEGAN granola, freshly chopped fruits (WHATEVER IS IN SEASON), coconut flakes and a drizzle of honey. if I'm really hungry I'll add a scoop of almond butter TOO. Enjoy!